- Prepare a solo musical selection of your own choosing to sing at your audition, any style is welcome.
All auditions will be accompanied by OCS’s collaborative pianist. Please remember to bring a copy of your piece for the accompanist. The accompanist's copy must be in the key in which the piece will be performed.
- Prepare the following material:
- Measures 1 to 62 of Johannes Brahms’ Wie lieblich deine Wohnungen (from Ein Deutsches Requiem)
- One of the following rhythm exercises - you can sing them of ‘ta’ or clap.
Rhythm No. 1
Rhythm No. 2
- A chromatic scale: ascending from Do to Sol and then descending from Sol to Do. You may sing this on any syllable you choose, e.g. ta or doo.
- To hear your diction, please prepare this diction exercises
- During the audition you will be asked to sing a series of simple vocal exercises to determine your range and overall musical ability.
- The audition will also include a simple sight-singing exercise. For a sight-singing example, look at Gently, Lord, O Gently Lead Us by Nathaniel Dett.